Mennonite Women (formerly known as WMSC-Women’s Missionary Service Commission or “Sewing Circle”) of East Union continues a long history of women connecting though friendship, fellowship, mission projects and service.
- Meetings (all women invited), occur the first Tuesday of each month, 9 am – 3 pm at East Union fellowship hall.
- Typical projects are knotting comforters and hand-quilting quilts.
- Comforters are sent to MCC to be given out to those in need or used locally
- Quilts are usually sold at the Iowa Mennonite Relief Sale or the Pleasantview Benefit.
- Other projects include
- Kits for MCC (hygiene, school, sewing, infant care, relief)
- Local projects
Click here to learn about Mennonite Women USA
“Christmas in September!”
Mennonite Women were surprised at their September, 2016 meeting when Leola White brought eight of her quilt tops to give to our group! Leola has pieced many quilts the last several years for other people, and when they had fabric left over, it was often left with Leola. Not wanting it to go to waste, she used these pieces to make new quilt tops, being very creative with the designs and layout of the quilts, and very precise in her sewing! We are very grateful to Leola who passed away a few weeks after this special day. These will be hand-quilted at future Mennonite Women meetings.