Plan worship services which honor Christ, the Head of the Church.
A. Plan the general content and order of Sunday morning worship services.
- Contact persons to be Worship Leaders for Sunday morning worship services.
- Ask someone to be in charge of Children’s Time on Sunday mornings.
B. Plan the following special Sunday morning worship services:
- Significant events of the Church Year: Lent, Passion Week, Easter, Pentecost, World Communion Sunday, Thanksgiving, Advent, and Christmas.
- Special Emphasis Services including: Stewardship, Peace, Christian Education, Mutual Aid, Missions, Disabilities, Sanctity of Life etc.
- Organize the Annual All-Church Retreat
C. Identify possible sermon topics.
D. Evaluate the various components of past worship services.
E. Promote a better understanding of Anabaptist Mennonite Worship.
F. Appoint chairperson annually from its members.
G. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Board of Elders
B. Membership – five or six persons
- Music Committee Chairperson
- One Elder
- Two persons appointed by Gift Discernment for a two-year term.
Revised: 5/05, 9/08, 4/16, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)