Coordinate and give leadership to the Primary and Junior Sunday School Departments.
A. Supervise the Sunday School hour.
1. Assist visitors in finding appropriate classes.
2. Collect Sunday School offering and record total attendance.
3. Submit curriculum order to Sunday School Secretary quarterly.
4. Collect and file used curriculum for reuse.
B. Consult with the Christian Nurture Committee in the selection of the curriculum. The decision to replace curriculum published by the Mennonite Publishing House with other curriculum must receive both Nurture Committee and Church Council approval.
C. Coordinate with the Christian Nurture Committee if help is needed in selecting teachers for the Primary and Junior department.
D. Provide list of teachers and class list to Nurture Committee.
E. Plan and carry out mission projects in consultation with Christian Nurture Committee and Missions communicator.
F. Plan the Christmas Program or activity together with the Primary and Junior Music Leaders and the Christian Nurture Committee.
G. Maintain inventory of Sunday School supply room and purchase supplies as needed, consult with Bible School Committee.
H. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting including number of students and names of teachers.
I. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
J. By virtue of the position, one superintendent (determined by the two) will serve on the Christian Nurture Committee.
K. Purchasing and organizing materials for Bible Memory ministry, managing grade level Bible Memory groups and doing paperwork each month.
A. Accountable to: Christian Nurture Committee
B. Membership – Two superintendents; one superintendent selected annually by Gift Discernment for a two year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)