Coordinate and give leadership to the Primary and Junior Sunday School Departments.
A. Supervise the Sunday School hour.
1. Assist visitors in finding appropriate classes.
2. Collect Sunday School offering and record total attendance.
3. Submit curriculum order to Office Manager quarterly.
4. Collect and file used curriculum for reuse.
B. Consult with the Nurture Committee in the selection of the curriculum. The decision to replace curriculum published by MennoMedia with other curriculum must receive both Nurture Committee and Church Council approval.
C. Coordinate with the Nurture Committee if help is needed in selecting teachers for the Primary and Junior department.
D. Provide list to Office Manager for sexual misconduct policy screening.
E. Plan and carry out mission projects in consultation with Nurture Committee and Missions communicator.
F. Plan the Christmas Program or activity together with the Primary and Junior Music Leader(s) and the Nurture Committee.
G. Maintain and organize inventory of Sunday School supply room and purchase supplies as needed, and consult with Bible School Committee.
H. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting, including number of students and names of teachers.
I. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
J. Purchasing and organizing materials for Bible Memory ministry, managing grade level Bible Memory groups and doing paperwork each month, if applicable.
A. Accountable to: Nurture Committee
B. Membership – Two superintendents; one superintendent selected annually by Gift Discernment for a two-year term.
Revised: 8/94, 1/03, 6/04, 1/11, 4/16, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)