Facilitate communication among the congregation, the conference, and the church-wide Mennonite mission organizations.
A. Be informed about Mennonite, other community and connected service missions.
1. Receive mission and service mailings.
B. Serve as a Lay Delegate to the Central Plains Conference.
C. Use the missions bulletin board, sharing time and church publications to inform the congregation of mission and service opportunities and news.
D. Plan mission related services with pastor(s) and worship leaders.
E. Encourage the congregation to participate in missions through prayer, gifts, and service.
F. Advise the Christian Nurture Committee and Primary and Junior Sunday School Superintendents in selecting mission and service projects..
G. Serve on Church Council.
H. Submit report for Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Church Council
B. Membership – One person selected from the congregation by Gift Discernment for a three year term.
C. Membership required.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)