To provide fellowship, support, encouragement for young married couples by providing mentorships with an experienced couple.
A. Maintain a list of potential mentor couples that are willing and interested in mentoring a younger couple.
a. Provide training and orientation for new mentor couples
b. Provide a copy of The Complete Guide to Marriage Mentoring book by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrot
c. Provide a packet of training materials.
d. Contact Office Manager to copy additional packets and order additional books.
B. Keep informed of potential younger couples interested in joining the mentoring program.
C. Facilitate the pairing of the mentor and mentee couples.
D. Facilitate pairing changes as needed.
E. Conduct evaluation
a. Follow up individually with new pairings to assure satisfaction
b. Conduct a biannual evaluation of the program with follow up report
c. Consider evolving needs of young couples and explore ways to support those needs.
F. Plan a gathering for all couples in the Spring and Fall
a. Encourage and involve other couples in the planning, decoration, food preparation and program.
b. Consider additional activities including Marriage Moments (monthly email resource), bringing in outside speakers, other educational/supportive activities
A. Accountable to Christian Nurture Committee
B. Membership – three couples plus the pastor to minister love and care to the couples involved. One couple selected annually by the Gift Discernment Committee to serve a three year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)