To provide youth of East Union with an adult mentor to promote learning and friendship for growth to Christ likeness. This program promotes adult to youth mentoring of youth from junior high through high school age.
A. Make contacts with all youth and their parents as the youth enters 6th grade, explaining the mentoring program to them.
B. In cooperation with the new youth and their parents, make list of several adult persons that would be suitable matches for mentoring. Make arrangements with their choices to arrange new mentoring pairs.
C. Comply with and ensure all mentors are compliant with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy. Contact Nurture Committee Chair for verification.
D. Provide encouragement, activity suggestions, or coordinate group activities to promote mentor interaction.
E. Submit financial requests to Nurture Committee.
F. Provide report of the year’s activity and mentor pairs to the Nurture Committee and to the pastor each year.
G. Provide report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to Nurture Committee.
B. Membership – One or two persons/couples. If needed, one person/couple selected annually by Gift Discernment to serve a two-year term.
Revised: 6/04, 1/11, 4/16, 2/21, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)