Serve the congregation by maintaining and encouraging the use of library materials.
A. Purchase materials.
B. Catalog materials for easy access.
C. One library committee member be present after church services to oversee check-out procedures.
D. Maintain an orderly library.
E. Periodically re-evaluate materials and discard or replace materials that are outdated or worn out.
F. Inform congregation of new materials.
G. Retain a copy of each Sunday bulletin for church records and bind yearly.
H. Retain a copy of each Second Century Chronicle for church records and bind yearly.
I. Maintain financial records.
J. By virtue of the position, one member (determined by committee) will also serve on the Christian Nurture Committee.
K. Submit a proposed budget to the Finance Committee.
L. Submit a report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Christian Nurture Committee
1. Two members selected by Gift Discernment to serve a two-year term. One person selected annually.
2. Mennonite Women Secretary of Literature will serve as an ex officio member.
Revised: 8/94, 6/04, 9/08, 1/11, 2/21
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)