Serve the congregation by coordinating and providing food and hospitality.
A. Be the contact person for all occasions that are described for the Hospitality Coordinator.
B. Organize and coordinate with the service committee and other volunteers to accomplish the duties listed below.
- Plan and arrange food donations, and serve meals for funerals at East Union and other occasions.
- Organize Maundy Thursday meal preparations by setting tables, preparing drink, and cleaning up in conjunction with Worship Committee.
- Help with special meals during the year including the annual business meeting and other church meetings/social events as asked by church council or pastor.
- Help organize/ provide food for Senior Citizen Meals.
- Delegate additional help ie. Sunday school classes or individuals as necessary.
- Oversee and administer kitchen item check-out.
C. Submit receipts to church Office Manager.
D. Submit report for annual business meeting.
A. Accountable to Church Council
B. Membership: One person selected for a three-year term by Gift Discernment.
Revised: 4/16, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)