Perform duties of head usher.
A. Welcome members and visitors.
B. Accommodate the seating of those attending church services on Sunday morning and other occasions.
C. Ensure a comfortable environment for worship services (i.e., lights, microphones, fans, heating, ventilation).
D. Hand out bulletins and appropriate materials at services.
E. Oversee the collection of the offering and make it available to the Office Manager.
F. Count people in attendance at morning worship service and record in attendance book.
G. Assist at funerals and other special occasions as requested.
H. Be available to help people use the elevator to go up and down.
I. The continuing head usher:
- Makes usher assignments for each Sunday and offers further explanation of the duties and etiquette involved to new ushers.
- Arranges for ushers to be present for special meetings, funerals, and community programs.
- Submits report for Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Church Council
B. Membership – Two persons, with one head usher selected annually by Gift Discernment for a two-year term.
Revised: 8/94, 7/96, 2/09, 3/15, 5/14, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)