Maintain a comfortable church facility.
A. Oversee temperature control prior to and following church services and all other special uses of the church building.
B. Oversee unlocking the building, turning lights on prior to using the church and then returning to close-up by locking doors, turning lights out, and closing classroom doors after every church use. The church should be checked and locked up within 2 hours after activities end. Check calendar in entryway for activities.
C. Oversee the snow removal from the sidewalks and entry area on a daily basis as needed.
D. Maintain furnaces, change filters as needed, and check safety lights monthly.
E. Conduct yourself at all times to make the church an inviting, friendly place for all who use it.
A. Accountable to:
b. Church Council
B. Membership – A paid position of one or more persons selected by trustees with Church Council approval.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)