Coordinate provision of care for babies in the nursery during Sunday school hour and young children in the toddler room during worship services and Sunday school.
A. Maintain list of people who are willing to supervise toddlers during the Sunday morning church service and Sunday school hour plus infants during the Sunday school hour.
B. Create and publish a schedule of caregiver assignments.
- Maintain 2 caregivers in the toddler room for each Sunday service, with at least one being an adult.
- Schedule 2 caregivers for the nursery and the toddler room for each Sunday during Sunday school hour.
C. Be aware of all new babies/toddlers attending with or being born to attending congregants. Maintain updated list of names and dates of birth at nursery door.
D. Make sure the nursery and the toddler room have the necessary supplies (snacks, tissues, sanitary wipes, etc. as needed.) On a regular basis, replace changing table covers and other necessary sanitation practices to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
E. Train incoming coordinator at end of term.
F. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy. Forward schedule of workers regularly to Nurture Committee for policy maintenance.
A. Accountable to: Nurture Committee
B. Membership – 1 person, selected and approved annually by Gift Discernment process
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)