Oversee the general care and maintenance of the church facility and grounds.
A. Keep church facility in repair and working order.
B. Maintain church grounds such as snow removal replenishment of gravel for drive, oversee mowing, upkeep of trees and shrubs, etc.
C. Obtain Council approval for improvements or repairs over $750.00.
D. Obtain and prepare the communion elements, vessels and towels for footwashing.
E. Organize annual cleaning of church facilities with cooperation of the janitors.
F. Oversee janitorial services.
a. Review janitorial services annually and make recommendations to Council.
b. Oversee supplemental fee for extra janitorial services.
G. Submit a proposed budget to the Finance Committee.
H. Submit report for Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Church Council
B. Membership – three persons selected from the congregation by Gift Discernment to serve for a three year term. One person selected annually. Person selected in even numbered year will also serve on Church Council the last two years of his/her term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)