Oversee the general care and maintenance of the East Union Cemetery.
A. Delegate the task of mowing cemetery grounds.
B. Oversee the maintenance of grave sites.
C. Oversee the landscaping of cemetery grounds.
D. Obtain Church Council approval for improvements or repairs over $250.00.
E. Submit expenses to the Treasurer.
F. Collect funds from the Amish for their share of cemetery maintenance.
G. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Church Council.
B. Membership – One to two persons selected by Church Council who oversee the Sexton’s roles and responsibilities.
Revised: 5/90, 8/94, 7/06, 7/07, 2/09, 8/16, 5/22
Other Job Descriptions:
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Gift Discernment Committee Addendum
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)