Oversee the financial operations of the Church.
A. Supervise the Church Bookkeeper in the accounting policies and procedures.
B. Review the financial position with the Church Council on a monthly basis or as needed.
C. Evaluate all financial needs and request and develop a proposed budget with ongoing guidance from the Church Council.
D. Submit the final approved budget at the Annual Business Meeting along with the written report.
E. Present the financial position report at the Annual Business Meeting with the assistance of the Church Bookkeeper.
F. Work with committees and departments that have budgeted need requests.
G. Administer the Student Financial Aid Fund with input for the Church Council.
H. Supervise memorial gift list maintained by the Church Bookkeeper for review by the Church Council.
I. Promote stewardship through education and programs as deemed by the Church Council.
J. Review business equipment needs of the Church.
A. Accountable to the Church Council in managing the finances of the Church.
B. Member of the Church Council as appointed by the Gift Discernment Committee for a term of 3 years.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)