Represent the congregation in decision making, and the administration of church business.
A. Coordinate the various committees and organizations of the congregation into a unified ministry through communication of reports at church council and/or periodical reviews of these groups.
B. Responsible for the work of the congregations. Special projects, concerns, differences or disagreements should be brought to the Church Council for processing. The Church Council will facilitate the decision-making process of the congregation.
C. Make appointments to designated church offices and committees and review for approval names submitted by Gift Discernment Committee.
D. Allocate funds to meet the needs of the congregation.
E. Convene for a regular business meeting once a month or as needed.
F. Assist Elders in congregational self-evaluation and pastoral review every three years.
G. Set date and frequency of congregational meetings.
H. Communicate frequently the work of church council through announcements, articles in the Chronicle, notes in the bulletin or additional.
A. Accountable to: Congregation
B. Membership – ten persons
– Church Council Moderator
– Church Council Secretary
– Church Treasurer
– Missions Communicator
– Nurture Committee Chairperson
C. Membership required.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)