Plan, promote, and provide overall guidance for the Bible School.
A. Set date for Summer Bible School after consulting with Office Manager to identify date conflicts.
B. Select curriculum for Summer Bible School with annual approval from consultation with the Christian Nurture Committee. The decision to replace curriculum published by Mennonite Publishing House with other curriculum must receive both Nurture Committee and Church Council approval.
C. Select/recruit staff.
D. Order materials and classroom supplies not already available in Sunday School supply room.
E. Plan and conduct training/organizational meeting/s with superintendents and teachers.
1. With Nurture Committee Chairs assistance, education content to include compliance with the Sexual Misconduct Policy.
F. Perform other duties as specified in the detailed Job Description in the Summer Bible School manual.
G. Chair will serve on the Christian Nurture Committee.
H. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
I. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
J. Utilize Bulletin Board display for Bible School activities when available.
A. Accountable to: Christian Nurture Committee
B. Membership – Two members selected from the congregation through gift discernment to serve a two year term. One person selected annually.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)