Coordinate and give leadership to the Adult Sunday School Department.
A. Maintain Sunday School attendance records.
B. Organize the Sunday School Hour.
1. Ensure environment is conducive to group study.
2. Assist visitors in finding appropriate classes.
3. Record total attendance.
C. Consult with the Christian Nurture Committee in the selection of the curriculum.
D. Offer one or more alternative course studies for at least one quarter of the Sunday School year.
1. Arrange Sunday School opportunities for college age students, particularly during Christmas and summer breaks.
E. Coordinate with the Christian Nurture Committee if help is needed in selecting teachers for the Adult Sunday School department.
F. By virtue of office, one superintendent will serve on Christian Nurture Committee.
G. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
H. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
A. Accountable to: Christian Nurture Committee.
B. Membership – Two superintendents: One superintendent selected annually by Gift Discernment for a two year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Central Plains Conference Lay Delegate
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Stewardship Advocate
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hillcrest Academy Board Member
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Ministry Coordinator – Draft
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Nurture Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Stewardship Team
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinator(s)